About Tim Rochford
Home > Columns > Tim Rochford
Topics on Personal Safety, Kickboxing, & Martial Arts
Columns by Tim Rochford
About the Author
Tim Rochford is the owner and manager of EMPOWER Training Systems (formally the Health Kick Martial Arts & Fitness Center) in Yorkville, Illinois and holds a 4th degree Black belt in Kajukenbo Karate.
Fitness Industry Credits
Martial Arts Industry Credits
- NASM certified Personal Trainer
- A.C.E. certified Personal Trainer
- NSCA certified Personal Trainer
- The Cooper Institute - Physical Fitness Specialist Certification
- The Cooper Institute - Master Physical Fitness Specialist Certification
- A.C.E. Continuing Education Specialist - National and International Presenter
- Co-Author of the A.C.E. Kickboxing Fitness Specialty Training Manual
- Developed and taught Kickboxing Fitness programs for several Chicago suburban fitness facilities.
- WITS Group Instructor and Personal Trainer training program evaluator
- Began Martial Arts training in 1978.
- Sport Karate competitor from 1979 to present.
- Amateur Chicago area Kickboxing competitor 1980's to early 1990's
- Amateur Kickboxing trainer since the mid 1980's.
- Selected to the inaugural Board of Advisors for the American Council on Martial Arts (ACMA), in 1998.
- Authored the Chapter titled "How To Teach Self Defense Safely" for the first revision of the ACMA Instructor Certification Manual published in 1998.
- Designer and instructor of Personal Safety & Awareness Training (self defense) programs for schools (Universities, High Schools, Junior High Schools), Fitness Centers/Health Clubs/Spa facilities, organizations, and corporations.
- Program presented on a national, regional, and local level.
- Corporate clients have included American Airlines, Marshall Field's
Visit the Author's website at: www.empower-usa.com
Empower Training Systems Releases 2 Home Study Courses in Kickboxing and Self Defense
Empower Training Systems Launches Nationwide Personal Self-Defense Training